A quilting tool for the rest of us . . .
Have you ever wished you had room in your house for a nice, big design wall, to place your blocks on?Quilters, you are in luck - Ole Frog Eyes is here!
Ole Frog Eyes is a virtual design wall for quilters to display their progress on their UFOs and block of the month projects. Hosted by our mascot, Padsworth, this site gives you the opportunity to share with guild buddies in a quick, convenient way.View the gallery!
Just say the word and be whisked away to the gallery where you can click on a name and look at some quilts!
Each quilter who subscribes can add a short bio in the About Me section, and can create up to six quilts at a time on the virtual wall. Padsworth says these advantages are worth considering:
- You don't need space in your sewing area for a design wall!
- No more laying blocks on the floor to photograph and show your buddies your progress!
- No more brushing pet hair off the blocks afterwards!
- You can see how your colors are distributed on your quilt - you won't have all your red blocks in one area, and all the blue in another!
- You can use the design wall to help assemble the quilt - which block comes next in that row?
- Especially helpful for those doing Dear Janes, Sylvia's Bridal Sampler, Farmer's Wife, or Barn Block quilts.
Padsworth even has a tutorial on youtube that helps you get started posting photos - but by the time you've done it twice, it'll be old hat!
You can add borders, lattice work and more - audition colors and change them on the fly. Place the widget (badge) on your blog so that your followers can check out your progress. Competition on shared projects will be fierce!
It's affordable. It's easy. Pay with paypal and get started! Register today and enjoy a year's worth of virtual design!
Padsworth and the gang